Friday, October 29, 2004

COFFEE

Characters:
Man
Woman

A man is sitting at a kitchen table drinking coffee. In the background a small T.V. is playing the news. A woman enters.

MAN: This coffee tastes like shit. It’s weak and burnt. How the hell do you manage to do this every time? You’d think you’d get it right once, even if it’s an accident.

WOMAN (sarcastically): Gee, something’ on your mind? You want fresh coffee then get up at 6 when I make it. Otherwise shut up and drink or make a fresh pot yourself.

MAN: How long is this going to go on?

Eying him, she crosses the kitchen from in front of the T.V. to the refrigerator where she gets a beer.

MAN: You’re going to start drinking this early?

WOMAN: You wanna have this conversation? Then I’m gonna have a drink.

MAN: It just hasn’t felt the same since we had that talk. You don’t feel the same. I don’t feel the same. We don’t feel the same. It’s fucking me up. I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. It’s underlying and unspoken and it’s eating me away from the inside out.

WOMAN: What do you want me to say?

MAN: I don’t know. Whatever… whatever it is.

WOMAN: Alright. Go brush your fucking teeth. Your breath is killing me.

Man exits. Woman finishes her beer and places the bottle in the sink. She walks over to the coffee pot and unplugs it. She tucks it under her arm and exits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home