Friday, May 28, 2004

Fiery

I seem to only get you in passing. My heart hangs heavy on a low bow bent by its weight. At any moment it could erupt unleashing all that it has sought to keep inside, sheltered from the world for so many years. The valves are closed holding the fire that pumps against them like a piston made of iron. At any moment a trail of fiery exhaust will part in the path behind me as I walk over cobbled streets, through back alleys, catching glimpses of blue light from TV’s flickering beyond the window, behind the drawn shades. Everyone has a secret they hide behind their eyelid, trying to stifle with each blink. The innocence of children peering through wooden shutters, just an eye and a nose and an expression of hope and escape. I can feel the contour of each stone under my boot, no part of the world is lost to me... I see through your eyes, I peer through your dreams, and I live in your head. My shadow is everyman, but my heart is mine, heavy with the weight of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home